Gone are the days you could simply put a listing on the market and receive multiple offers in hours. But even with this crazy market homes are still selling IF they are (a) priced correctly and (b) look their absolute best. You and your real Estate agent can set the fair price based on the comparable homes being sold in your area and the price they are fetching.
Making a home look it’s very best is where home staging comes into play. Often for a small investment a seller can see huge returns in a short period of time. A good example is retail store windows that draw customers in with captivating visual marketing followed up by inviting, and even inspiring visual marketing inside a store. It really is no different when selling a home. Every home should look its very best from the curb to the back yard. Homes should look warm, inviting and inspire an air of “house pride” winning over the hearts of home shopping public.
Today more then ever it is imperative that all homes listed for sale look their absolute best, otherwise you run the risk of a home sitting on the market month after month while the asking price continues to drop ever lower. Here are 10 reasons you should hire a professional home stager to help stage your home and get that home sold!
1. You Will Make More Money. U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports that a staged home will sell, on average, 17% higher than an un-staged home. It makes more then cents it makes real money to stage a home. building a successful home staging business
2. Your House Will Sell Faster which = Less Headaches and Hassle. The New York Village Voice reported that the average number of days an un-staged home is on the market is 30.9 versus 13.9 for a staged home.
3. The Cost of Staging Doesn’t Cost A Dime. In a 2003 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 Realtors, it was discovered that sellers who spent up to $1000 staging their home recovered almost 200% of the cost in the sale of their home.
4. Most Home Sellers Can not View Their House Objectively. If you can’t see objectively, you can’t “package” effectively. Have a staging professional get your home into its most advantageous condition for showing.
5. Less Guesswork and “Do It Yourself”. A professional home stager can manage your projects from start to finish. Or, they can give you a detailed enough report based on their extensive knowledge and training to have you “do it yourself”.